Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness

I just got back from Stefano's with my mom and Maryellen (mother-in-law). The man at the table next to us overheard me saying that Mark arrived in Afghanistan okay and telling mom and Maryellen about his jobs that he will be having there. After we were done eating, the waiter told us the man who was at the table next to us payed for our entire bill. The waiter said that the other customer wanted to do something special in gratitude of Mark's service to our country. I had the biggest knot in my throat and we all had tears in our eyes from this man's wonderful gesture. By that time though, the man was long gone and I could not thank him in person. The waiter said he comes in every couple of weeks. I will be dropping off a thank you at the restaurant and Stefano's said they would give it to the customer the next time he comes in. Thank You Danny (the other customer)- there are really good people left in the World.


Ang

0 comments: