Living in the desert you naturally need to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. Mark said when he is indoors not doing much he drinks about six 500 mL bottles. When he is outdoors and running around it is about ten. They cannot drink the tap water in Afghanistan so all the water is brought in on large pallets in big boxes. Today he shared with me the cost of one bottle of water which averages $2.18. That's $13-$20 of water that he is drinking daily! He doesn't have to pay for any of it, thank goodness. But shipping in water must be a large expense to the military. I wonder how many bottles of water they go through a day on Kandahar Air Field?
Mark continues to be doing well. He enjoyed the first care package I sent him which was filled with an assortment of Red, White, and Blue themed items such as squirt guns, patriotic rice krispy bars, home made pies sealed in canning jars (raspberry, blueberry, blackberry/raspberry and apple). I also included a few memorable stories that I collected at the deployment party. He has gotten a good laugh at the few I sent- so mission accomplished!
Love,
Ang
Operation Enduring Freedom
On a warm night in June, at 1AM I dropped Mark off at Fort Lewis. That was our final good bye and though it was filled with tears and was very difficult, we made it. His deployment to Afghanistan will be about a year in length. On the blog, I'll post e-mail updates from him as I hear from him to keep everyone up to date on all the information I receive. Thank you for all of the love and support through this process. I am so grateful.
Mark Kloiber makloiber@hotmail.com
10435 Brighton St SE
Yelm, WA 98597
If anyone would like to send welcome home cards/letters please feel free to send them to our home address listed above. I will have them ready to greet him when he makes it home safely.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Water
Posted by Angie at 10:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Read your previous blog about being connected, and glad you are!! I'm copying/sending some recent blogs to Brian so he can stay a little informed during beast. You keep on drinking that water-all you need- and stay healthy! Love you-Mom
Post a Comment