Hey All,
I hope you are well. It has been a while since I have posted, but I have been working some long days. I'm going to get a new job in the coming days and I'm pretty excited for it. I look forward to saying good ridance to sitting behind a computer and doing the same thing every day. I'm not sure how long things will stay like they currently are, but for the short term I will be something of a liason officer to a groupo of Candian civilian police that links in closely with our battalion. I am still not too read up on what I will be doing, but that will come. I will also be working with my battalion's 'SFAT,' or security force assistance team. It will be nice to have some coworkers who I know again, some people who are, 'on the same team,' if you will. All in all, I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you know my thoughts after a week or so of being with them.
Another reason why it was good to arrive at CNS- I received two back-packages and yesterday three more, and today one more. Crazy. So if you have started a package go ahead and send it, but if you have been meaning to get around to and haven't yet, you waited too long and were beat to the punch- please wait a few weeks. Thank you very much (in order received): Nate and Lindsay, Angie, Peter, Angie, Angie, Mom and Dad, Dave and Shannon, Dan and Mary Beth. I think that accounts for the mountain pilled on top of my bed right now. If I forgot someone I'm sorry and thank you so much! They have been awesome. And I'm not sure who made the home made jerky, but whoever it was, please identify yourself. That stuff is awesome!
And finally three news stories that I was really excited about (Angie this is for you because you don't watch the news anymore):
1. I was thrilled to see that Farve finally made it to a practice at training camp.
2. A new species of bearded monkey was found in Colombia!
3. Brian made it through Beast at West Point and he's finally a cadet. Congrats, Brian!
That's all I have for now. It's almost midnight, yet again (that's not so bad, I usually go to bed a little later). Have a great day. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers. I think about everyone often and I can't wait to see you soon.
Love, Mark
Operation Enduring Freedom
On a warm night in June, at 1AM I dropped Mark off at Fort Lewis. That was our final good bye and though it was filled with tears and was very difficult, we made it. His deployment to Afghanistan will be about a year in length. On the blog, I'll post e-mail updates from him as I hear from him to keep everyone up to date on all the information I receive. Thank you for all of the love and support through this process. I am so grateful.
Mark Kloiber makloiber@hotmail.com
10435 Brighton St SE
Yelm, WA 98597
If anyone would like to send welcome home cards/letters please feel free to send them to our home address listed above. I will have them ready to greet him when he makes it home safely.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
First Post From CNS
Posted by Mark at 11:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment