Hello Everyone,
Well it had been a few days since I was able to talk with Mark last. But- today he checked in. We knew it was going to be a busy end of the week for him due to the Afghanistan Elections on Sept 18th. He was off somewhere in the city from what I know and was a part of the QRF (quick reaction force). His job was to escort the EOD (the people who get rid of IED's or improvised explosive device). Got to love the military and all its acronyms! He states he was sleeping 4-4.5 hours a night and is happy to catch up on some sleep this evening. He also was very excited to have gotten to be a Truck Commander. That job consisted of talking on the radio telling people what to do (speed up, slow down, etc). So he was leading the whole convoy. He loved it and found it very exciting. I think I could probably have done without knowing that... sounds dangerous to me! He was happy to have real food served tonight at midnight his time since they have been eating only MREs (meals ready to eat). MREs are the most processed, longest shelf life food items that you could ever imagine. The only person I have known to like them is Mark's little brother Brian. They are just gross. So he was happy to eat some good food and from the sounds of it- a lot of it.
Thank you again for everyone who said an extra prayer. They are always appreciated! We knew this was a potentially more dangerous time.
That's all for the update.
Love
Angie
1 comments:
I can imagine Mark being excited to get away from a computer & do something with more action. But it makes me a little crazy knowing he's out there- a target for any crazy Taliban-types! I'll keep those prayers a-comin!!
Post a Comment