Monday, June 21, 2010

June 19, 2010



Hey All- I’m half way there. The good bye with Angie was rough, but we did it. I had to be in formation at 0100 on Friday morning. We were supposed to fly at 1130, but didn’t take off until 1230. Angie, I’m not sure if you were still there then, but I wasn’t able to see you. If you did hang around at the airfield I hope you saw me. We were in a chartered double decker Boeing 747 from Delta. We flew direct from McChord AFB to Frankfurt Hahn Airport in Germany. The flight took about nine hours and we landed at 0630 local. After refueling, we continued on to where we are now, in Manas, Kyrgyzstan. We will be here for a few days, but I can’t say when we will fly to Afghanistan. The flight from Frankfurt to here was about 6 hours. I am currently 11 hours ahead of WI and 13 ahead of WA. It is coming up on 12:30 a.m. now and I am about to go to bed. We have our first formation in the morning at 0900 so I should get some decent sleep tonight. I hope all are doing well back home. Talk to you later. Much love, Mark

0 comments: