Monday, June 21, 2010

June 20, 2010



Hi All! Happy Father's Day! Today was a really great day. I slept until about 0700 and then showered and went to breakfast. We lounged around for a little while, and then around noon we played some basketball and did some abs before going for a short run. After lunch I took a nice nap. After dinner me and some LT buddies played a few rounds of cards before calling it a night. The weather was gorgeous, probably upper 80s, maybe low 90s. There is a low of 73 tonight. Honestly I think it might be a bit cooler to sleep outside. (I won’t.) I was able to talk with Angie for a few minutes last night. That was good. She was at one of the spouse’s house for dinner so she actually had a bit of a heads up that I would be calling, as the spouses husband was sitting on a phone right next to me as I sat down. I tried calling Dad a few minutes ago, but he was at church. I will try calling him again in the morning by me (Sunday evening by you). No guarantee. It looks like KC (Kandahar City) is gona be hot this week. 108-110 degrees. I’m pretty excited about that, not. But I’ll be alright. I have been drinking tons of liquids here, but I have a hunch I am still going to need more once I get there. Again, I will let you all know as soon as I get a chance when I do arrive in KC. I hope everyone is having a great Father’s Day, especially Dad, Dan, and Nate. You all are awesome! That’s about all I’ve got. Catch you later. 
Love, Mark

0 comments: