Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well- we are nearing the end of deployment! I couldn't be more excited. It is starting to feel closer and closer with each week that passes.
Today, I got to Skype with Mark. First time in a LONG time that we got to see each other. Partially because he has been very busy, but also because I have been pretty busy as well. It was great. He is looking like a little skinny, but nothing some regular meals won't fix when he gets home with lots of fruits and vegetables. He left me a voicemail a few days ago, and I swear the highlight of his month was getting to eat some fruit--- green grapes! Fresh fruits and vegetables are rare for him- so we will be sure to have lots on hand and in meals when he does get home.
As for how he is doing- his days are long. He has been quite busy with trying to complete all the tasks that need to be done so him and his unit can get out of there soon, in addition to the normal daily tasks and patrols. While the end is in sight for me- I can tell that it doesn't seem quite as close to him yet. Morale overall is pretty low. It is quite evident that they are near the end of deployment. Everyone wants to be home. Patrols are getting incredibly hot and uncomfortable. Temperatures this week have been floating around 108 degrees. Mark even mentioned that after his high noon patrol his boots were soaked completely through with sweat. I can only imagine how the rest of him was!
As for me, I have been holding up pretty well- staying busy for sure! For me, the last month has flown by. Mother's day (May 9th) I graduated with my clinical doctorate in physical therapy back home in WI from Carroll University. With that, I am happy to announce I am DONE (forever and ever) with school and am now technically Dr. Angela Kloiber (not that I will ever have anyone address me that way). Mark even pointed out to me that I will now "outrank" him until he is promoted to Colonel-- which is a LONG way down the road. So until then- it will be Dr. and Lt Mark Kloiber.
As for graduation, it was a bittersweet end. So glad to be done with formal classes, however, difficult to say goodbye to my fellow classmates- who have been a great part of my support group over the last three years. Thank you to my classmates, family, friends, and Mark for their endless and wonderful support over the last 6 years. I could not have done it without them.
This graduation I know was hard for Mark to miss- he has been through every step of my college experience with me (supporting and encouraging me every step of the way- even when I was doubting myself.) Unfortunately, he has missed both my undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies. However, he was there in spirit and thought. Even though he was unable to be present, he thoughtfully crafted a letter for me to read at my graduation party. He had sent it to his parents to give to me- it was a wonderful surprise and helped to fill the hole/gap that was missing from that day.
So for the next upcoming weeks I will be studying and preparing to take my National Boards Exam. I will begin working at Apple Physical Therapy on July 5th right here in Yelm (the town Mark and I live in- population 3,500). I am very blessed to be going into a profession that offers some great career opportunities right now. Mark and my paths will soon cross. We will soon (for the first time ever since we began dating) be living in the same state, let alone same house- while it all seems very real and soon to me- please pray that the time passes quickly for Mark. I know he is just as excited as I am for the next phase of our lives- but it just feels a bit far away.
With that- I think you are all up to date. I hope everyone is doing well.... and we are almost to the end! If anyone would like to personally welcome Mark home feel free to send cards to our home address: 10435 Brighton St SE, Yelm, WA 98597. I will be sure to have them out and ready for him to greet him when he walks in the door.
Love
Angie
0 comments:
Post a Comment