Hello everyone,
SECOND LAST BLOG POST for this deployment! I couldn't be more thrilled to share that. My communication with Mark the last 3 weeks has been sparse to say the least. He has been extremely busy and has gotten very little sleep. I have gotten a few short e-mails here and there- but most of them say the same thing. I love you, I miss you, it's hot, and I'm tired. He has shared that he has been averaging 2-3 hours a sleep a night for the last 3 weeks or so. And while he has tried taking naps during the afternoon- the attempts are usually unsuccessful due to the tents being so hot from not having air conditioning in the summer heat.
However, with that being said as each of these 3 weeks has passed I can tell he is more and more tired- but the morale is getting higher and higher as he knows he will soon be home! That thought I'm sure has helped to keep him going.
He shared in an e-mail late last week the good news that their replacements have arrived! The long hours continue but "it's what has to be done to get out of here." We have gotten word of a 3 day window for their arrival home. I can't share exact details of that online for safety reasons- but do know the next post that will be on here is pictures of homecoming! I cannot be more thrilled and more excited. This year is almost over!
Love
Angie
0 comments:
Post a Comment